22nd Old Boys
• Recognizes that healthy eating is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, and provides us with energy to live, learn and play
• Is committed to creating an environment that supports healthy eating.
To promote healthy eating behaviours by creating supportive nutrition environments.
To ensure that members of the are provided with healthy team snacks (when offered) during practices and games.
Coaches have the responsibility to:
• Ensure that all team members and parents/guardians are made aware of this policy
• Support and contribute to the implementation of this policy
• Manage the review of this policy.
Parents/guardians are encouraged to:
• Provide healthy team snacks (when offered) during practices and games
• Seek clarification from coaches where required
• Support awareness of this policy among fellow parents.
• Fresh cut veggies (carrots, cucumber, celery) and stringed or cut up cheese
• Unsweetened applesauce pouches or cups
• Fresh cut fruit (watermelon, oranges, apples, bananas, grapes, cherries, apricots)
• Canned peaches or fruit cups (packed in juice)
• Homemade peanut-free trail mix: dried fruit mixed with whole grain cereal
• Whole grain granola bars
• Stringed or cut up cheese and whole grain crackers or mini whole grain pitas
• Frozen yogurt tubes
• Encourage drinking water before, during and after physical activity.
• All parents/guardians will receive a copy of this policy when enrolling their player
• New members will be informed of this policy.
• This policy will be reviewed at the start of each year/season.