22nd Old Boys
Club Equality Policy
1. The Club.
(a) The name of the club shall be the 22nd Old Boys Football Club (hereinafter known as 'The Club').
2. The aim of this policy is to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect and that The Club is equally accessible to them all.
3. The Club is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the club at every level.
4. Football belongs to and should be enjoyed by, anyone who wants to participate in it.
5. Our commitment is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or belief, ability or disability and to encourage equal opportunities.
6. This policy is fully supported by the Club Officers who are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
7. The Club, in all its activities will not discriminate, or in any way treat anyone less favourably on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or belief, ability or disability. It means that The Club will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities.
8. The Club will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual, which for the purposes of this policy and the actions and sanction applicable is regarded as discrimination. This includes sexual or racially based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal.
9. The Club will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs. The Club is committed to taking positive action where inequalities exist and to the development of a programme of ongoing training and awareness raising events and activities in order to promote the eradication of discrimination and promote equality in football.
10. The Club is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all members and requires all members to abide and adhere to these policies and the requirements of the relevant equalities legislation – Race Relations Act 1976, Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and Disability Discrimination Act 1995 as well as any amendments to these acts and any new legislation.
11. The Club commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims when brought to its attention, of discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case, a requirement that the practice stop and sanctions are imposed as appropriate.