22nd OLD BOYS FOOTBALL CLUB SAFEGUARDING & CHILD PROTECTION POLICY AND PROCEDURES
We at 22nd Old Boys Football Club are committed to good practice which protects young people from harm. Members, coaches, officials and assistants at 22nd Old Boys FC accept and recognise their responsibility under the Children (N.I.) Order 1995 to provide an environment which promotes the safety of young people at all times.
In order to safeguard the young people in our care we will:
1. Develop an awareness of the issues which may lead to young people being harmed.
2. Create an open environment, by identifying a contact person "Child Protection Officer" to whom young people can turn if they need to talk.
3. Adopt child centred and democratic coaching styles.
4. Adopt child protection guidelines through codes of conduct for players, members and all adults working in the club. Adult may include coaches, officials, parents and assistants.
5. Ensure careful recruitment, selection and management procedures.
6. Ensure complaints and disciplinary procedures are included in our constitution.
7. Share information about concerns with young people and parents and others who need to know.
8. Provide information as required to management committees.
9. Be involved in training made available through the various agencies, and strengthen links with these agencies.
10. Follow Governing Body guidelines on good practice for coaches.
11. Keep the Child Protection Policy under regular review.